Halloween’s Special WOD. Now. The calendar says for the 31st. Here’s the catch, that’s a Saturday. Sadly I’ll be gone – not good. SO, we’re gonna run the “special thematic workout” on both Friday and Saturday that week just to make sure that we’ve all done enough work to merit a small increase in “poor” carbohydrate blocks on Saturday night.
Things to wet your appetite:
Facts regarding the Headless Horseman:
1. 18th Century Hessian Soldier
2. Killed by a cannonball to the head
3. One of 548 killed in the battle for Chatterton Hill
4. Hessians were a German conscription to the British Army who fought against the Rebels (us) during the Revolutionary War
5. Known for horse riding, jack o’ lantern tossing, being spooky as hell, actually dangerous (unlike most poltergeists and lesser ghosts), and really hating Ichabod Crane
6. A possible reason for this hatred is Ichabod’s (apparently smoking hot) wife Katerina van Tassel (sounds smoking hot) whom the Headless Horseman (possibly names Brom Bones) was in love with until his untimely decapitation, or astounding lack of awareness of the second rule of DodgeBall as purported by Patches O’Houlihan known simply as “duck”.
Get ready people
Special Quote of the Day: (This may turn into a new thing for our website)
General George S. Patton, speech to the Third Army on the eve of the Allied Invasion of France in 1944.
“I don’t want to get any messages saying, “I am holding my position.” We are not holding a goddamned thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly, and we are not interested in holding onto anything except the enemies’ balls… Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose.”